Thursday 5 December 2013

character interaction 2


My favorite scene in the whole play is the scene with the man going back. Though this seem an unlikely choice considering I only have two lines in the whole scene. I feel that it was a scene that really gave me an opportunity to expand my acting as I had to portray all of the emotions and reaction to what 'The man going back was saying' without the use of speech therefore using only facial  expressions movement and silent character interaction. I was quite relaxed for the most of his speech until it started to reach it's climatic sections where I would interact with Tom, Pa or uncle John- the characters I am closest to in the play.
When  he started talking in details about his children's death I started to approach him my face intrigued, holding his gaze after everyone else had enough. This description was affecting me, scaring me. I was becoming worried that california would tear the Joad family apart; the family that had helped me, fed me, given me shelter. So I felt it was my duty to hold my concentration and re convey this to tom at a later date; this goes on to cause out eventual argument in the next scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment