Thursday 5 December 2013

Character interaction 1


one of my favorite scenes in 'Grapes of Wrath' is the scene when me and Tom walk into the Joad house I don't speak a lot in this scene and it is mostly led by Tom's concern about the whereabouts of his parents and his interaction with Muley however there is a very emotional part of the scene when we first walk into the scene and he tells me about how one of his mums escaped through the gat and went to the Jacobs house and ate there baby, I am then left to comfort tom but my new beliefs in the human spirit prevents me from blaming it all on god and comforting Tom so I am left not knowing what to say, I therefore feel that the reason I don't speak to tom after this line until Muley's explanation that the Joads are somewhere else is because I feel I would be doing Tom an injustice by giving him any old condolence as Casey see's no use in speaking when there is nothing of importance to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment