Sunday 10 November 2013

06/11/2013- first hall rehearsal

We rehearsed in the hall today for the first time and finished off act two, I found being in the hall to be a much better place for rehearsal as it aloud us more space to act in and gave us a sense of how the performance is going to be!

I felt that rehearsals went very well and the greater space aloud for much more movement in the scene, allowing me and liam to show our characters reactions and emotions to seeing each other much more effectively.

The large space that the hall presents us with allows my death scene to be shown much more effectively than when we are in C5 as it allows the space for me to approach Jays character from a distance, showing my characters willingness for martyrdom much better than when I only have five foot of space allowed to me in order to show my characters motives, also it allows Liam the space to show Tom's rage at Casey's death and allows him to keep his attack on Jay in centre stage rather than it drifting to one side as it inevitably does in class due to the lack of space!

No comments:

Post a Comment